- Moving Tips
Unless you have arranged for us to pack you, you should be packed and ready to go on moving day. Everything other than furniture needs to be boxed. If you decide to pack yourself, label all the boxes as you pack. Write the destination room on the top and sides of each box to ensure it gets to the right place in your new home.
- Schedule disconnects for gas, electric, water and the telephone. Don't disconnect the phone until after your move. Arrange for refunds that are due and schedule connections for your new home.
- Cancel newspapers, cable TV, security, pest control, cleaning help, lawn maintenance and any other services you receive.
- Furniture items with drawers need be emptied unless they contain lots of small items. We suggest not packing clothing in garbage bags, seeing as they are generally not strong enough to withhold the pressure throughout the duration of the move and tend to tear.
- All electronic equipment must be boxed.
- Mirrors and pictures over 3 feet are safest left on the wall for the movers to wrap and secure properly.
- Throw away or use up open liquid items from your refrigerator, i.e. cartons of milk, or any items that can leak or spill and cause damage to other goods.
- We suggest preparing a bag or box with essentials to get you through the first day, including medications, bottled water, snacks, scissors, and hygiene supplies.
- China, crystal, dishes, small appliances, pots and pans should be packed in stronger, larger boxes, such as China Boxes or "Dishpacks". These boxes are made of stronger, heavier cardboard, and are large so that fragile items may be packed with a good deal of filler, such as crumpled up white packing paper and bubble wrap. Plates should be wrapped individually first, then placed standing on end (not on top of each other), in the box. White paper crumpled should be between each plate, and lining the bottom of the box. White paper comes in large sheets. Some of it may be cut in half so that the sheets are smaller and easier to work with.
- You should keep with you all personal effects, such as jewelry, heirlooms, checkbooks, and passports – items such as these should not be packed or moved by anyone other than yourself
For a Free Estimate or any questions
Just call us now at 1.888 990 0898 or
Submit our FREE ESTIMATE Form in seconds.
BlueStar Vanlines Moving is one of the top movers in Toronto, Ontario. We have been proudly serving as a moving company in Toronto, ON, Canada more than 5 years. Moving in Toronto? or in Canada? No problem. Our moving services extend to Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Regina, Montreal, Quebec, Ottawa and many other locations in Canada and USA. We offer stress free moving and storage services in Toronto, ON. We also offer best moving rates in Toronto, Vancouver, Canada. BlueStar Van Lines Moving's vision is to become one of the best movers in Toronto Canada. If you have any moving questions or need any moving help..No problem, we are always ready to serve you.. Just give us a call at 1-888- 990-0898
© Copyright 2013 BlueStar Vanlines. All Rights Reserved. Designed by Global Marketing Solutions